About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Running in the cold and your lungs

I've run through a couple of winters since I started running regularly four years ago, and it seems like you get used to running in the cold, lung-wise. Here's a story with some interesting info on the science behind that. I've so missed winter running this year (though the blizzard of two weeks ago drove everyone indoors in Chicago). I didn't want to risk falling while pregnant. Bottom line: with some pre-caution, running in the cold is not bad for you. Unless you underdress or fall down, right?

Last week I ran my final run of this pregnancy. I'm happy I was able to run up to 34 weeks this time around, and 32 weeks during my last pregnancy. I can't wait to get back out there again, post-baby, this spring. I miss my running buddies!

1 comment: