About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Running (and other exercise) helps you take care of your bones?

Another way exercise is good for you: it's good for long-term bone density, according to this New York Times piece sent to me by a running buddy of mine. I'd like to think that if the science here bears true that maybe folks who exercise will be less likely to break bones and have related issues when we are senior citizens. Besides, as a mom who will be in her early 60s when her youngest kid graduates from high school (she is due next month!), I need to stay strong to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment