About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Older" brides


If you are getting married and you're an "older" bride -- over 40 -- then there are some things to think about for your wedding and reception. Key among those things would be to not annoy the heck out of your bridal party or guests -- skip the dyed matching shoes, or the mandatory all-day spa day with the bride, considering a lot of your friends may have kids and won't have the luxury of all the time in the world to spend with you getting hair and nails done. (Not that we're not jealous of your free time, we are!)

Here is my story on what a couple of Chicago brides did (including the gorgeous bride pictured above), and a short list of guidelines from some wedding planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment