About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh magic closet fairy...

I wish a magic fairy would come visit my closet and tell me the truth. Well, nicely anyway. What should I purge, what should I wear more often, what do I really need to buy? A newspaper editor friend of mine did just that and wrote a story about her experience -- I got to sit on her bed and watch as these three very fun and gorgeous women took apart her closet and helped her to reorganize it and rethink her wardrobe. (And drool over her fabulous dress collection -- I am so going to have to hit her closet after I give birth!)

Couple of tips I learned: Invest in a couple of good black slips, including a Spanx one, to wear under sheerer dresses or dresses that just hang in your closet because you don't quite like how they fit you (maybe you feel you look bulg-y in them). Also, good accessories like belts, scarves and statement necklaces can really spruce up your large collection of black tops. I know I have like, a million black tops. 

Here is Meg's first-person piece on what three women from a North Shore boutique did to her closet, and my companion story on Nick and Ellis, the closet miracle workers. Ah, the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment