About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Running in the rain

I've run in everything from a light, refreshing mist to a full, non-stop downpour (including the rain-soaked Banco Popular Chicago Half Marathon 2008, oh joy).

I find the key is a good hat to keep water off of your face, use a ton of Body Glide wherever you might chafe -- shorts waistband and running bra seams are a start -- and have some Aquaphor on hand for afterward in case of chafing. Running in the rain can be really refreshing. If you do races, you'll be prepared for a rainy race day. And, bonus, no overheating and you get some serious badass bragging rights!

Here are some great tips for running in the rain, including some I've never heard of before -- guess I can use the little toddler man's diaper ointment if I get desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment