About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Are ultra marathons really more dangerous than "just" marathons or other races?

This blog post by a doctor in Denmark who runs and blogs was really interesting. There's so much misinformation out there anyway about running and how good or bad it is for you. I have a girlfriend who, while on a first date a few years ago with someone from an online dating service, told the guy she was training for her first marathon. The guy, a non-runner, proceeded to tell her in a great detail how horrible running is for you. I'm happy to say that she is happily married now and not to that dude.

Just thought I'd share. While I go get a big glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment