About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

My non-triumphant return

I was pretty zen and even a little smug a week ago, when I wrote about not really missing running for the last six weeks to heal from an injury.

Then I was clear to run. I ran four miles with a friend, and it went, well, OK, but...


I realized that hamstring tendon issue, though better, was still there. Post-run, throughout the workday, I ached.

Dang it. Too much too soon.

Two days later, I thought, hey, I'll just warm up better and just do three miles.


Welp, that didn't work so well, either. Then, at combo of spin class and core exercise class yesterday, my IT band and knee let me know that they were not happy with me.

This is what I'm *supposed* to be doing, according to my sports doc.

So, I could just cry about it, or shut up and move forward.  I'm headed back to the sports doc this week to see if we can do anything else.

I've also started the walk/run, with no issues or pain. Only thing that's hurting today is my pride. That's OK with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there-I've been through that program twice. Think of it as speed work, (that's what I did). :) I actually came out of it faster each time.

    ReplyDelete