About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unemployment and cookie dough, a dangerous combination






Good grief, why did I buy the jumbo chocolate cookie dough yesterday? Guess what keeps calling my name and distracting me from being productive today? Yes, I am lame enough to blame an innocent roll of cookie dough. Darn it.

I think I somewhat compensated this morning by trying out for review a new Denise Austin workout DVD, Quick Burn Cardio. (that's Denise, right). It's pretty good and I'll post my review once it runs in the Sun-Times.

In the meantime, here is my review of NBC dietician Joy Bauer's new workout DVD (Bauer is pictured left). She's awfully chirpy, pretending she doesn't have this amazing dancer background and that she really is just like the rest of us -- but it's a pretty good workout and reasonably simple to follow. I like that I didn't feel inferior or intimidated by her, you know? If super chipper doesn't bug you, you might like this DVD just fine.

Finally, let's just file this under "Terrified to Send My Son Off To College Next Fall": after all of the controversy over Four Loko, the extremely caffeinated and alcoholic drink, now there is alcoholic whipped cream. Mamas are shuddering everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment