About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No, letting me go run is GOOD for the marriage, really...

Loved this WSJ story on how endurance athletes' workout schedules can test the most patient of spouses. Not that I'm putting myself in that category. But my husband has  been awfully patient during my past marathon training periods. This story is a nice reminder to say thanks, hubby!

Now, finish up your freelance work quickly so I can go run at the gym this morning before it closes early (and I lose my mind to cabin fever!)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article. I think one of the reasons I've continued to run with Team In Training (besides the obvious personal connection to blood cancers) is that I feel less guilty about going out and leaving my family for 4 hours when I'm doing a 20-miler.

    I think, though, if you'd ask my husband, he'd say he'd rather be an exercise widow than have a grump around the house :-D

    Hope you get to the gym. It's a scheduled rest day for me, but I'm tempted to hit the treadmill in the basement this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete