About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Are you as smart as your grandfather?

I had a lot of fun reviewing and doing a story on How To Build a Fire and Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew

First thing I did after getting this book was look through the table of contents and see what I knew how to do. I'm proud to say I have chopped my own wood (man, that is unbelievably hard work -- but I felt soooo badass doing it) and I have changed my own car's oil, with help. (But I don't want to do it again, so dirty!) Some of the other stuff, like hanging drywall? Eh, I think that belongs to someone who won't screw it up. 


My grandfathers were awesome, awesome men. I miss them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment