About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Guys running in women's races

I've only run in a couple of women-only races (the Fleet Feet Sports Women's 5k, 10k Festival is a really nice event every July) and I could care less if a dude wants to run with us. As long as he lets me go first at the starting line or let me get my bagel at the end before he does. Kidding. Sort of. Above, me with my little racing dude at the Fleet Feet race in 2009.

But why a dude would want to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon -- the topic of this interesting Wall Street Journal story? Beats me. I have to admit, I'd feel pretty silly telling people I was running a race with the words "Disney" and "Princess" in it. But I confess I have always wanted my own tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment