About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Back to running day!

Yesterday's X-ray brought good news: my toe has healed to the point I can run again. Yay!

I immediately fantasized about running away from work, hair down and blowing in the wind, galloping effortlessly down the lakefront. (I went back to work instead.)

But I ran this morning! First run in five weeks and two days. Yay!

At the doctor's recommendation, I'm following a back-to-running plan for a few weeks, starting with 30 minute runs three times a week (with some walking built in there, which I did a little of this morning and felt fine).

I've had to build back up to running after pregnancies, so this is nothing new, plus it's only been five weeks this time.

Yet I felt nervous this morning putting on my running clothes, like I forgot how to run. So weird.

However, just as I sang along with Madonna's "Like a Prayer" in spinning class yesterday -- because I know every.single.word -- I didn't forget how to run and ran just fine. The toe ached a bit, I felt clunky and slow -- but I ran.

Happy back-to-running day to me!

Now, for some old school Madonna. Remember how shocking this video was in 1989 and how Pepsi dropped her and its ad?



No comments:

Post a Comment