About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Little monsters race and a good week

This week, I signed up for what will be the best race of this year -- a Halloween-themed "trick or trot" for the kiddies. 

My girl, at 3, will compete in the 4-and-under 100-meter dash. Last year she won her age group among females -- so naturally, she's a contender. In an Elsa ("Frozen") costume.

And my little M-man is now old enough to bump up to the 5-10-year-old quarter-mile race. He will be a minion from "Despicable Me".

Don't underestimate him, big-shot third graders. This kid is lightening fast. 

The race is the same weekend as my first-ever 20/20, meaning back-to-back 20 milers prior to tapering for my race.

I just ran my third 20-miler of the season this weekend. It went great, and I had gas left in the tank when I was done. I also did my first-ever 50-mile week. I feel pretty good.


Week 10 50k training 

Monday 9/29 Rest day.
Tuesday 9/30 5.2 miles
Wednesday 10/1 8.1 miles
Thursday 10/2 4.9 miles
Friday 10/3 Group Centergy class
Saturday 10/4 20.4 miles.
Sunday 10/5 11.2 miles

Total weekly mileage:49.8 miles (let's call it 50, shall we?)
Total training mileage: 396.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment