About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Monday, July 21, 2014

What time is it? It's time to train. What time is it? It's time to train.

Today began the first official day of training for the 50K race.

Training plan here.

Today is a rest/optional day. In my house, that meant trying to sleep in until 6, but instead being woken up at 4:30 and again at 5-something. Coffee, take me away.

I would write more but I have to go look at the "fort" my 5-year-old built downstairs, no doubt with the couch cushions. He's a pretty good fort-builder.

Actually, what else is there to say? Just go train, right?

Any ultra folks taking a look at this training schedule, I welcome your feedback.

Note -- headline of this post is a play on Bubble Guppies' grownup fish (aptly named "Mr. Grouper") who chants "What time is it? It's time for lunch! What time is it? It's time for lunch!" It gets stuck in my head regularly, so I decided to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment