About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My kid turns 21 today

In case you haven't kept track, I have three kids. Two of them, our 4-year-old son M-man and his 2-year-old sister C-girl, are often mentioned in this blog and are the center of my and my husband's worlds.

My other guy is much taller, bigger and hairier than me. And he turns 21 today.

I was thinking about how strangely wonderful it all is. My son will (legally) have his first drink today, but more importantly hitting that mark says "I'm a man". Fortunately he is still a lovable goofball who loves Dr Who and video games and still calls his mom. Ahem, sometimes. 

And he recently surprised us by applying to some colleges after an extended hiatus. I'm so excited.

And then there's our babies. M-man is obsessed with Halloween. Daily conversations include much discussion about ghosts and jack o'lanterns and skeletons. He weaves elaborate stories though out the day. I just love him so much.

And then there is our littlest sweetpea. Last night she counted (mostly) to 20 while in the bathtub. And then she counted to 10 in Spanish, perfectly. She has very firm fashion opinions already. She likes to wear pink, dresses and running shoes. God, she is my daughter. Lol.

Last night and this morning I feel myself kind of marveling at having three kids at such different, interesting stages of life. I love them all.

Happy birthday Tory!! Now come visit me, dammit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment