About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Big girl pants

Yesterday was maybe the best day of 2013 so far... all two weeks of it, haha. Seriously, though, it was in the 50s. In January, in Chicago.

I ran 11 yesterday morning with a friend, and wore shorts, which makes my California-born self sooooo happy. (I spent almost none of my life living there, but often fantasize about living someplace without wicked winters).  I can deal with winter, but have never loved it.

The lakefront running path was filled with wardrobe-confused runners, smiling and basking in the warm temperatures and stiff breezes. It was my last "long" run before a half I'm running in two weeks, which I am ho-hum about. I still have a bit of marathon training hangover from last fall, I guess.

But there's something even more awesome going on. My little princess, just shy of 22 months old, has started going potty on the potty!

My two boys weren't even interested in the potty until after their third birthdays. Sure, I've been told girls potty train sooner than boys, but still! I am so surprised and thrilled. She has been going randomly and today I plan to buy some princess (naturally) pullups and princess undies. We've been reading Potty, a great little book.

Bring on the big girl pants. But putting away the shorts, alas -- it's back to winter in Chicago today.

1 comment:

  1. I have always heard that girls toilet train earlier than boys but don't know if there are any studies! I can't remember the last 50+ degree day in January. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete