About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A really nice Saturday

Today my toddler saw his dad blow the fluff off of dandelions at the park. He giggled everytime his dad did that -- he even fell down at points, he was laughing so hard. It was awesome. It really was one of the best trips ever to the park, with little Baby C snoozing against my chest in the Baby Bjorn carrier. Even the teenager joined us for one of the trips and it was nice to chat. Even though we are stressing about financial aid stuff -- but nope, not going to let that ruin this post, nope.

I also kicked off my annual gig as a half marathon pace group leader, my fourth year of doing it. An easy four miles today on the lakefront. It felt great. I love being a leader, too, especially helping people who have never run a half before. They always make it to the start and finish lines.

But... the physical therapist thinks running is aggravating the disc in my back -- I argue it was having a baby, haha. Well, the baby started it well into the third trimester, sure, but unfortunately I think he's right because tonight it hurts like hell. I am sitting on an ice pack. Sooooo I will not run this week and do some non-pounding stuff to see if my back/pelvis feels better. Ugh. I actually enjoying pounding the pavement, I guess! It will be harder not to run than it should be. Darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment