About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Marathons vs. childbirth -- which hurts more? Kara Goucher weighs in.




I've heard both from runners, actually. Some women insist that marathons hurt more, while other laugh at that. Put me in the "childbirth hurts way more" camp. I remember thinking about that as I was running the Rockford marathon last spring. However, telling myself over and over during that race (which sucked, by the way, because I went out too fast), was small comfort, haha. I finished Rockford, but man, did I suffer from mile 18 on. Ugh. Too bad there isn't an epidural for marathons.

Olympic runner Kara Goucher (pictured above) who just gave birth to her first child a few weeks ago, posted her take on the marathon vs. childbirth experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment