About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This just in: Celeb mom actually -- gasps -- plays with her own child!



OK, I'm being a little tongue-in-cheek here. But if you follow celeb culture even a little, there's a small number of the "types" of female celeb stories that seem to be written or posted: 1. who they're dating or hooking up with (Lindsay Lohan, Kate Hudson) and 2. Whether they are losing weight (Angelina Jolie) or gaining (Jessica Simpson).

In the celeb mom category, you get 1. How they lost the baby weight (Heidi Klum, Kendra Wilkinson) and 2. Are nannies raising their kids? (Angelina, etc.)

So it was nice that Shape Magazine pointed out that fit actress Jennifer Garner actually plays with her kids on the playground. My own little toddler man, now that he is finally walking, is a wild man on the playground. I have no choice but to chase him around, since he is fearless and will climb anything with no regard for height. I'm really glad I can stay fit enough to keep up -- you should try crawling through those playground tunnel/tube things after a fast-moving 18-month old.

Fit mamas, unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment