About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Registered for my first 50K ultramarathon!

After a week of pretty terrible back pain, I'm finally back to feeling better. Good lord, I don't know how people live with chronic pain. It was just awful.

But I'm back, folks.

And, I did it! I mean, I signed up for my first 50K trail race. Woohoo!!! 50K is 31.0686 miles, so I'm told.

I ran a 25K with these folks in March. It was brutal and wonderful. The race directors and participants were just great. I can't wait to get out there again.

Me on the right, with my awesome trail running buddies in March at the Palezoic Trail Runs - Cambrian Springs 25K/50K.


I'm still trying to figure out a training plan. The race is in November, so 20 weeks out, yeah, it's time to get moving.

And though I don't have to worry about this quite yet, I have to figure out nutrition and gear and all that.

I'm working with my very patient physical therapist to strengthen my core and back.

I don't care how fast I run this. I just want to finish out there, in the beautiful woods.

I ran 12 yesterday and thought hmm, I'd just have to run 19 more to do a 50K...

Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment