About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Friday, February 15, 2013

A blog post about hair conditioner




The headline says it all -- this is a post about hair conditioner.

In the last few years, I have developed what I call the mom frizzies. Part of that is from dying my own rapidly graying hair, which I started doing when I was unemployed and kept doing well after I had returned to the workforce. There is nothing more attractive than a woman in her 40s with overprocessed hair. Sexaaaay.

I have been obsessing about my pathetic hair, secretly, for longer than I'd like to admit. I am vain. You know you are, too.

A few weeks ago, I had lunch with my awesome friend Maura. Maura is one of those women who is always put together like a lady should be. She is stylish and beautiful and yet down-to-earth and totally fun to hang out with.

On this particular day, her wavy, dark brown hair looked exceptional. I figured she had been at the salon earlier in the day. This sounds like a bad shampoo commercial but I swear, it's not. I asked her what she used, and she told me she just started using this very pricy conditioner made by Keratase. As in $50 conditioner. (Cheaper on Amazon.com, whew!)

I am a girly girl in some ways. But I am always skeptical of really pricy creams, makeup, and hair products. I've tried many things and they're nice but I rarely spend money in that stuff. I just need to think of what daycare costs a month for two kids under the age of 4 in Chicago and that usually straightens me right up.

But I had been obsessing about my hair for awhile. I emailed Maura later to ask which product he had since there were many in that hair product line online. My awesome oldest son gave me a gift card for Christmas and I was going to by some ridiculously expensive conditioner! I'm sure I appeared a little crazy to my friend but she totally got it. Mom hair is just no good.

I have been using the conditioner for about a week now and It is almost like having new hair, it is so soft.

So if you see a woman touching her own hair a lot on the train this morning, well, it could be me.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the info, I use a good hair conditioner , it's pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair conditioner which leaves my hair soft and healthy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just used the last of that exact same kerastase conditioner, I'm SO sad. It's just not in the budget right now to buy anymore, it had gotten to the point where I was only using when I had a special occasion but now it's all gone :(

    ReplyDelete