About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

You stink, Mommy

I probably always feel this way but this week in particular, I felt like I just could not keep up with the world. There were great moments -- my baby girl started walking! My little Baby C is now doing her Franken-toddle all over the house. I brought her into her room last night to change her into PJs. I swear, I just pulled her drawer open and looked back and she had wandered back to the kitchen. This morning post-run I was grinding some coffee beans and she was already up the stairs to our bedroom. Coffee over toddler safety, nice parenting.

In addition to an extra-demanding work week -- OK, I probably always feel that way, too -- my little toddler man continues to be a handful. I should start timing the temper tantrums -- this morning I swear it's been about every 10-15 minutes. And I ran 8 with friends starting at 5:30 so I haven't even been home all morning. The other morning he yelled "I'M FUSTERATED!" I had to laugh. And empathize. Mommy is fusterated too!

Nothing about this is new or interesting. I am just feeling extra weary. And, in week three of marathon training, nervous. Marathon training is 17 weeks, and it's easy now. The 20-25 miles a week I run anyway is about what we're doing this early in the training season. But it's going to get more grueling. My spouse is already had to be ridiculously patient with me wanting to fall asleep at 9 every night (which really sucked the other night when I had to work on something till 11. This is NOT Runlikeamama at her finest moment. OK, and I confess I had had two glasses of wine. Mom of the year.)

But it's going well. This morning the little man told me "Mommy, you are stinky," I was. Summer running is disgusting. And it's going to get worse. Just wait till I'm running hot 16, 18 and 20 milers, you little munchkin.

Back to the nervous part, I'm fretting a bit on how on earth I can train well for a marathon when I'm tired already and the mileage is low. I keep telling myself, one run at a time. I want to continue to squeeze in one yoga session and a Sunday morning early bike ride, so with running four mornings a week that's only one day off from exercise. Ugh. Fridays are my day off and I try to sleep in, but my head is so screwy I can't sleep past 5:20. My husband may commit me at some point. I better keep an eye on him,

And a trapping of really early morning running? I got a parking ticket in the mail this week for parking in a public parking lot. It was time-stamped at 4:36 a.m. Apparently that is too early by city standards, too.

So, there's no point to this post other than, well, be nice to your mama and daddy friends. And patient. Some of us are really, really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment