About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A year later...

Baby C turned 1 today! Yes, on St. Patrick's Day. So 20 years from today, she will be legal to drink. I will hopefully be too old to care, haha.

A year ago I met my sweet, lovely daughter. I love having boys but there is just something different about a daughter. I'm so lucky.

A recap of Baby C's big day:

--Woke up in a good mood -- Daddy got me out of the crib this morning. I smiled a lot at him. Mommy came in the room, too.

--Ate Cheerios and bananas. My brother, aka little toddler man (LTM), got up and came into the kitchen while I was eating with an armload of toy cars.

--Mommy told him to say happy birthday to me but he kept ignoring her and playing with his cars.

--I played with LTM after breakfast. I grabbed his Diego book. He informed me that that is a book for big boys who don't tear books and says "that's not nice." Hmm.

--Mommy reminds Daddy that she wants to go back to bed -- my brother was up coughing and crying a lot last night.

--Mommy nap fail. LTM decides he needs to play loudly outside her door. Mommy seems grumpy.

--Finally, we all go for a walk. It is March 17 and it is like summer. My mommy's work phone later tells her it got to 85 today at O'Hare.

--Nap time! Both LTM and I go right to sleep. Mommy and Daddy wrap presents. Mommy finally takes a little snooze. Daddy relaxes too, watches a little basketball, I think.

--Party time! But LTM wakes up really, really grouchy. Lots of temper tantrums. M&Ms finally get him to quiet down. I am taking serious notes now.

--Mommy and Daddy clean the deck up in the backyard and put up streamers and balloons. The teenager, who is my 19-year-old brother, plays with me. LTM plays with toys. Everyone is happy. I really dig my brothers. :)

--Cake and presents! Except Mommy keeps saying to LTM "let's have a party! we're having a party!" instead of telling LTM that it's my birthday party, buddy. Hmm. He even gets a few presents, though whoa, do I rake 'em in. I got a dolly, blocks, a tambourine, a princess train... and my teenage brother gets me this book, which I love.

--I eat pretty much my whole piece of cake. Mommy says she's never seen any of her kids devour cake the way I do, and that I obviously take after her. I think it's a compliment. Daddy keeps saying I have a "cake beard" and laughing. So is LTM, who sang Happy Birthday to me, after all. Whatta little guy.

--Mommy decides to try something new -- tossing us both in the bathtub! Wee! LTM and I have blast. I like to stand up in the tub and Mommy kept plopping me on my butt.

--Mommy pulled me out of the tub and swaddled me in a towel, holding me in front of our bathroom mirror. I got so excited -- I pointed to Mommy in the mirror and yelled "nya-nya" which Mommy assumes is my way of saying her name. She seemed so excited.

--Soooo sleepy. I play with my brothers. I'm tired. Zzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment