About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mama

I love being someone's mom. I'm lucky enough to be three someones' mom.

This past weekend, I got a reminder of that. My daughter, Baby C, called me "Mama" for the first time. She's 10 months old. Sure, all three times she did it she was crying or generally distressed -- but who doesn't want their mama when things are rough, right? It was like being splashed by warm surf, calming yet invigorating.

Firsts like that fade easily. The toddler man is pushing three years old, and the first time he called me "Mama" has become hazy, I'm afraid, becoming buried by all of the firsts that have followed for him.

Mama. That thought got me to smile during a long, tough workday yesterday. :-)

Now she is hollering at me from her high chair. Back to work, mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment