About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A new workout DVD I like, and surviving my first week of unemployment


A two-for-one post, lucky readers! LOL. Famous personal trainer Jackie Warner of Bravo fame has a new workout DVD that I really, really liked and reviewed here. I'll be reviewing a bunch more new workout DVDs in the coming weeks, in time to put on your holiday gift wish list!

This week is my first week of not being employed, and it's been interesting. I thought I'd have a lot more time to work out, but a chest cold and a surprisingly busy schedule meant taking Monday thru Wednesday off and running 3 miles today, which felt great. I  used to wig out when I had to take more than one or two days off, figuring I was going to wake up with new, instant saddlebags on my thighs one morning, but I've calmed down a lot about that stuff. Taking a few days to heal is cathartic, and when you do feel better and work out, man, does it feel good. :-)

So, my list of accomplishments for the week:
One job interview, one phone interview
Multiple appointments set up
Attended networking lunch
Completed two freelance writing/editing assignments
Showered every day
Went through a loaf of pumpkin bread in two days -- at least half eaten by me. Oops. (I'm eating for two, remember? Right?)
Three loads of laundry, at least a couple of dishwasher runs, started washing baby girl clothes (thanks to my friend Lisa!), etc.

Not too bad, though I have to watch the snacking. What do other people do who have to work at home -- how do they keep from grazing? Advice welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment