About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Does running hurt your knees? Phooey.

Since I started running a few years ago, several people over the years have told me I'm going to ruin my knees. Mind you, not one of them was a runner. So I was pleased to see this story in The New York Times that looks at the scientific effects of running on knees. (Photo above, Getty Images via The New York Times)

In my non-scientific opinion, my knees behave just fine if I make sure to cross-train at least once a week (I swear by strength training and yoga each once a week) and to make sure I stretch after every workout. Knees, er, fingers crossed that continues to work for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment