About Me

My photo
After years of sloth, I am now a mama who runs and practices yoga. I write about exercise; parenting a grownup child as well as two little kids; and whatever is annoying me at the moment.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Would this make you mad?

(Warning: I am a former waitress, fast-food worker and fast-food drive-thru extraordinaire. No kidding, I was awesome at it. And since I'm pregnant, I'm prone to being grouchier than normal anyway. Ha!)

I was at Little Caesars recently for a cheap pizza fix. For my family, of course! I ordered my two $5 pizzas and was told I'd have to wait five minutes. OK, whatever.

Behind me was a mom with a young teen daughter. I quickly guessed that the mom had probably never worked in a restaurant. The mom ordered her stuff and the guy behind the counter told her it'd be about 5-10. The mom seemed kind of pissy when she walked in, anyway, and proceeded to point to the sign above the guy that said:

"Little Caesars HOT-N-READY® Pizza What is HOT-N-READY®? A large 14” pepperoni pizza, hot out of the oven and ready when you are! No need to call ahead! No need to wait! No limit!"

She was pretty nasty, saying to the guy, no, you're supposed to have hot, fresh pizza ready. They exchanged words and she slapped down her money. He got snippy and said "you don't have to throw your money at me" and proceeded to tell her that they had had someone come in and pick up 40 pizzas earlier in the evening and therefore were backed up. (Even if it's not true, always a good story. I'm sure I used that at some point.)

I got SOOOO mad. I almost picked a fight with her. I was shaking mad. I cannot stand when people are abusive and nasty to restaurant workers. Oh, and nice job teaching your daughter to be a witch, too. Working in restaurants, I was yelled at and talked down to a lot. Some people think it's their right to treat a restaurant worker like dirt on their shoe. Don't get me started on the church crowd at the Hardee's I used to work at. Hey, you don't have to be best friends, but it's OK to be nice to your server. If you don't like them, just don't tip them, then.

I left without saying anything -- during my last pregnancy, I got so mad at someone it cost me a friendship -- though let me say I think she didn't much like me anymore anyways. So I figured I should just shut up. And tip the next person nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment